Bit of Flavor Easy Basil Pesto Salmon
Ingredient List is at the end...
I just tried this recipe this week, and we all really liked it! It was super quick and easy, which makes it perfect for a busy week night dinner.
1) Lay the piece of fish in a lightly oiled baking dish or pan.
Cut a lemon in half, and squirt the juice over the fish.
Pour the wine over the salmon.
Let it rest while you prepare the topping.
2) Time to make up your topping for the salmon! You can use whatever herbs and seasonings you are in the mood for.
For this version, I actually used a container of herbs that I picked up at a local natural foods market (Natures Market - what a great place, with great people!). The seasonings are for a Basil Pesto mix. I added the olive oil, panko, and parmesan cheese, and stirred it all together.
3) Spoon the mixture over the salmon, and spread it evenly over the top.
Preheat the broiler.
4) Place the dish in the oven, about 9" away from the broiler. Broil for about 8-10 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork and topping is browned.
Remove from the over and let rest for a few minutes.
5) Serve with your favorite sides, and enjoy!!
1 1/2 lb salmon
1/4 cup of white wine
** Special Seasoning **
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup panko
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Remember ~ Life tastes better with a bit of flavor!