Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Bit of Flavor Homemade Top-It-Yourself Pizza


 


I LOVE pizza!!  I am willing to eat almost any pizza, from anywhere, including from frozen...  But my favorite pizza is definitely one made and home, and topped just the way we want it!

Here is a simple way to enjoy healthy, homemade pizza in basically the amount of time it takes to have one delivered.


1) Pour your preferred pizza crust mix into a large bowl (mine is a Pampered Chef Bamboo Bowl, similar to this one), and mix following package directions.  Mine is from 2 packets of mix (so we could have TWO pizzas!) to which I added 1 cuo of hot water, as instructed.  I stirred with a fork, brushed a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the dough, covered it, and set it aside for about 15 minutes.


2) Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 475 degrees, and prepare your toppings.  This was an easy night for me, as it was just me and the Savage One.  We like cheese and more cheese, and I like pepperoni and onion.  Minimal prepping and chopping on my part.  Dear Hubby, aka The Bird, who likes all kinds of toppings, was out at a meeting that night.  Otherwise, I would probably still be in there chopping stuff up...  ;)


3) After your dough has sat for about 15 minutes, plop it onto your lightly greased pizza stone or pan and mash it down and into a bit of a circle.   I'm using my Pampered Chef Stones (one flat, one with built-in handles which makes it easier to use). 


4) Next, grab your Very Special Tool (AKA my new favorite kitchen tool, the Pampered Chef Baker's Roller!!), and roll out your dough!!  This thing is truly amazing, and for the first time ever, I had NO trouble spreading out the crust and having it keep its shape!  I like my crust thin, 'cuz that's how I roll.  :)


5) Now, place your crust into the preheated oven, and bake for 5 minutes.  Remove carefully and set in a central area.  It's time to call your people in and let them top away!!


6) First, some sauce.  Whatever kind you like.  Spoon it on, or pour it if you are impatient.  Spread it around, right up to the edges.


7) Maybe some cheese, if that's your thing.  It's certainly ours! 


8) Add any - and all! - other toppings that are calling your name.  Spread them around, make happy faces, spell your name, whatever...  It's your own little piece of art.


9) Slide your pizza back into the hot oven.  Set the timer for 9-11 minutes, or as directed on the package.  Keep an eye on it.  You know it's ready when the edges are starting to brown and the cheese is bubbly.
When cooking two, as I did, you should swap their places about halfway through. 


10) When the time is up, when they look and smell so wonderful that you can hardly stand it, it's time to take them out!  Slice, and enjoy!!

* To order the above Pampered Chef items, or any others, join my Online Catalog Party!! *
** https://www.facebook.com/groups/244175129031666/#!/events/320195131410076/ **

Remember ~ Life is better with a bit of flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment