Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bit of Flavor Baked Mahi




Bit of Flavor Easy Baked Mahi

Ingredient List is at the end...



I picked up some lovely fresh mahi the other day, and decided to try my own simple recipe for preparing it.


 

I grabbed my usual assortment of favored spices:
black pepper, garlic with seasonings, italian mix,
and the family favorite - Butt Rub.


 

Next, I mixed up some grapefruit juice and some Wish Bone Bruschetta Italian dressing, and added the above noted spices.
Note: I did not measure any of this - I used about equal amounts of the juice and the dressing, and just shook in some of each spice.


 

I placed the fish into a sealable container, poured the marinade over it,
sealed it up, and popped it in the fridge for a bit.


 

As I already had the grapefruit juice out, I poured some over ice
and added a little vodka and a little cranberry juice. 




After marinating for 30-45 minutes, I pulled the fish out from the fridge.
I placed it in my glass baking dish, and poured the marinade over it.
Next, I topped it with some panko, and sprinkled on more seasonings.

Into the oven it went - 350 degrees, for maybe 25-30 minutes.


 

While the fish was baking, I boiled some elbow noodles and made my own Mac 'N Cheese.
(See my Bit of Mac and Cheese recipe)


 

This is the roux for the Mac and Cheese, in process...




Here is the almost final product.  I wish I had some right now!




I also made a simple tossed salad. 
For a nice touch, serve with the same salad dressing you used in the marinade!




Here is the fish, finishing up in the oven. 
Sadly, I was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture of the finished dish!



Ingredient List
1/2 lb fresh mahi or swordfish per person
1 cup grapefruit juice (approx.)
1 cup salad dressing (approx.)
Assorted seasonings
1 cup Panko or breadcrumbs (approx.)

 Remember ~ Life tastes better with a bit of flavor!



No comments:

Post a Comment